|STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE 1993 TV Series|
- Odo: I don't ever want to leave this room. Can we stay here forever? (Season 5 episode A Simple Investigation)
Real dates. Fictional events.
Fictional business and products... and more
- Admiral Bennett
- Admiral Bennett: 200 years ago, we tried to improve the species through DNA resequencing. And what did we get for our trouble? The Eugenics Wars. For every Julian Bashir that can be created, there's a Khan Singh waiting in the wings - a superhuman, whose ambition and thirst for power have been enhanced along with his intellect. The law against genetic engineering provides a firewall against such men and it's my job to keep that firewall intact. (Season 5 episode Dr. Bashir, I Presume)
- Bashir & Garak
- Bashir: But the point is, if you lie all the time, nobody's going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth.
Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
Bashir: Of course; what else could it be?
Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.
(Season 3 episode Improbable Cause)
- Benjamin Sisko
- Benjamin Sisko: A dead man can't learn from his mistakes. (Season 4 episode To the Death)
- Benjamin Sisko: For a dead man, you talk a lot. (Season 5 episode Blaze of Glory)
- Benjamin Sisko: There's an old saying - Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we're about to find out. (Season 6 episode Favor the Bold)
- Benjamin Sisko: Computer, erase that entire personal log. (Season 6 episode In the Pale Moonlight)
- Benjamin Sisko: Brag all you want. But don't get between me and the bloodwine! (Season 5 episode Apocalypse Rising)
- Benjamin Sisko: If you want a fight, I will give you one. (Season 5 episode Blaze of Glory)
- Benjamin Sisko & Gul Dukat
- Benjamin Sisko: Is there anything I can get for you?
Gul Dukat: A bottle of Kanar and an Orion slave girl would be nice.
Benjamin Sisko: I'll see what I can do.
(Season 6 episode Waltz)
- Benjamin Sisko & Odo
- Benjamin Sisko: On a happier note, I do have a bit of good news. The Romulans have forced the Dominion to retreat from the Benzite System.
Odo: That is good news. The question is, will the Romulans be willing to leave Benzar after the war is over? Once they capture territory, they very rarely give it up.
(Season 6 episode The Reckoning)
- Benjamin Sisko, Worf & Jadzia Dax
- Benjamin Sisko: The Dominion has solidified its hold on the Kalandra Sector. They're trying to establish a supply line running through Betazoid space into the Argolis Cluster.
Worf: If they succeed, they will be able to launch an attack against Vulcan.
Benjamin Sisko: Starfleet's going to try to cut them off near the Tibor Nebula. The 7th Fleet will be engaging the enemy in the morning.
Jadzia Dax: The 7th Fleet is still at half-strength. They took heavy losses at Sybaron.
Benjamin Sisko: Well, let's just hope they get the job done.
(Season 6 episode The Reckoning)
- Brunt: If this were Ferenginar, I'd have you all taken to the spire of the Tower of Commerce, displayed to the crowds in the Great Marketplace below, and then shoved off one by one. Small children would bet on where you would land, and your splattered remains would be sold as feed mulch for gree worms. (Season 4 Bar Association)
- Cal Hudson
- Cal Hudson: It make you pine for the good old dull days in New Berlin, doesn't it? Sausage and beer all around, and everyone's idea of a good time was the Mazurka Festival. (Season 2 episode The Maquis, Part 1)
- Damar: Overconfidence. The hallmark of the Weyouns. (Season 7 episode Strange Bedfellows)
- Ee'char: You look like a reeta-hawk picking at a corpse. (Season 4 episode Hard Time)
- Ezri Dax
- Ezri Dax: All things considered, I think I'd rather be on RIsa. (Season 7 episode What You Leave Behind)
- Ezri Dax: It'll be just like old time, except different. (Season 7 episode Shadows and Symbols)
- Ezri Dax: Maybe my memories are paying tricks on me, but have you gotten stranger? (Season 7 episode Shadows and Symbols)
- Ezri Dax: You have definitely gotten stranger. (Season 7 episode Shadows and Symbols)
- Ezri Dax: Quit acting like a self-righteous targ. (Season 7 episode Strange Bedfellows)
- Garak: Ah, yes, the assassination of Proconsul Merrok of Romulus. Such a tragedy. I met him once, a few weeks before he died. I was working as a gardener at the Cardassian Embassy... my specialty was Edosian Orchids. Beautiful, but highly toxic. (Season 4 episode Broken Link)
- Garak: Sentiment is the greatest weakness of all. (Season 5 episode In Purgatory's Shadow)
- Garak: Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. (Season 3 episode Second Skin)
- Garak: Paranoid is what they call people who imagine threats against their life. I have threats against my life. (Season 4 episode For the Cause)
- Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination. (Season 3 episode Improbable Cause)
- Garak (Mirror Universe): I don't understand - is this Garak of yours an assassin or a tailor? (Season 7 episode The Emperor's New Cloak)
- Garak: And what I find interesting is how your mind ended up casting me in the role of the villain... To think, after all this time, all our lunches together, you still don't trust me. There's hope for you yet, Doctor. (Season 3 episode Distant Voices)
- Garak: Doctor, I'm afraid I won't be able to have lunch with you today. (Season 3 episode The Search Part 2)
- Garak & Julian Bashir
- Garak: That was close. What if you killed me?
Julian Bashir: What makes you think I wasn't trying?
Garak: Doctor, I do believe there's hope for you yet.
(Season 4 episode Our Man Bashir)
- Garak & Sisko
- Garak: Commander, this is extortion.
Sisko: Hmm... yes, it is.
(Season 3 episode Second Skin)
- Garak & Worf
- Garak: We owe it to them to do everything in our power to find them and bring them home. It's the honorable thing to do.
Worf: You use that word, but you have no idea what it means.
Garak: Maybe not... but you do.
(Season 5 episode In Purgatory's Shadow)
- Gowron: We find the Federation's demands that we return the captured Cardassian colonies insulting and provocative. Klingon blood was spilled to conquer those worlds. They are now part of the Klingon Empire and we will never give them up. Furthermore, if the Federation still harbors any hope of peaceful coexistence with the Klingon Empire it must abandon all starbases and military installations in the Archanis Sector. Our claim to Archanis IV and the surrounding territory is ancient and indisputable. We advise the Federation to leave Archanis or prepare to face the consequences. Long live the Empire. (Season 4 episode Broken Link)
- Gowron: You will not have this day. (Season 7 episode Tacking into the Wind)
- Gowron: There is no greater enemy than one's own fears. (Season 5 episode By Inferno's Light)
- Gowron & Benjamin Sisko
- Gowron: Where the tides of fortune take us, no man can know.
Benjamin Sisko: They're tricky, those tides.
(Season 5 episode By Inferno's Light)
- Grand Nagus Zek
Grand Nagus Zek: Did anyone ever tell you that your eyes shine with the brilliance of Kibberian fire diamonds? (Season 2 episode Rules of Acquisition)
- Grilka: I really am very grateful for all you've done, Quark. That is why I'm going to let you take your hand off my thigh instead of shattering every bone in your body. (Season 3 episode The House of Quark)
- Gul Dukat
- Gul Dukat: This is a very entertaining story, but why am I listening to it? (Season 3 episode Defiant)
- Hon'Tihl (First Officer of the Klingon Empire vessel Toh'Kaht): Victory. (Season 1 episode Dramatis Personae)
- Ishka: I predict that one day a female will enter the Tower of Commerce, climb the 40 flights of stairs to the Chamber of Opportunity, and take her rightful place as Grand Nagus of the Ferengi Alliance. (Season 6 episode Profit and Lace)
- Jadzia Dax
- Jadzia Dax: Have a glorious death, or don't. It's up to you. (Season 5 episode In Purgatory's Shadow)
- Jadzia Dax: Interspecies romance isn't without its danger. That's part of the fun. (Season 5 episode Let He Who is Without Sin...)
- Jake Sisko
- Jake Sisko: People want stories about things they can relate to: Life and death, good and evil. An outbreak of Cartalian Fever would be just the thing. The brave doctor battles the deadly virus. (Season 5 episode ...Nor the Battle to the Strong)
- Jake Sisko & Nog
- Jake Sisko: Let me introduce you to a new human expression. We're going to beard the lion in its den.
Nog: Lions, Gigglers, bears...
Jake Sisko: Oh my.
(Season 5 episode In the Cards)
- Jem'Hadar: Victory is life! (Season 5 episode By Inferno's Light)
- Julian Bashir
- Julian Bashir: Cheeky virus. You've gone and mutated on me. Well, you can run, but you can't hide. (Season 7 episode Chrysalis)
- Julian Bashir: I'm a doctor, not a historian. (Season 5 episode Trials and Tribble-ations)
- Julian Bashir: This war isn't over, and you're already planning for the next. (Season 7 episode Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges)
- Julian Bashir: It's either a self-sealing stem bolt, or a reverse ratcheting router. I'm just not sure. (Season 5 episode By Inferno's Light)
- Julian Bashir & Benjamin Sisko
- Julian Bashir: To manufactured triumph!
Benjamin Sisko: Manufactured triumph, here here.
(Season 7 episode Take Me Out to the Holo-Suite)
- Julian Bashir & Garak
- Julian Bashir: You know, I still have a lot of questions to ask you about your past.
Garak: I have given you all the answers I'm capable of.
Julian Bashir: You've given me answers, all right. But they were all different. What I want to know is, out of all the stories you've told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?
Garak: My dear doctor, they're all true.
Julian Bashir: Even the lies.
Garak: Especially the lies.
(Season 2 episode The Wire)
- Julian Bashir & Odo
- Julian Bashir: Good luck.
Odo: I don't believe in luck. But I appreciate the sentiment.
(Season 4 episode Homefront)
- Kasidy Yates & Benjamin Sisko
- Kasidy Yates: Did you miss me?
Benjamin Sisko: Were you gone?
Kasidy Yates: Admit it - without me, you cried yourself to sleep.
(Season 4 episode For the Cause)
- Kimara Cretak
- Kimara Cretak: My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well earned. (Season 7 Image in the Sand)
- Kira & Worf
- Kira: What do Klingons dream about?
Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you in the middle of the night. It is better you do not know.
(Season 4 episode Rejoined)
- Kor: I take the sword to my grave before I give it to you. (Season 4 episode The Sword of Kahless)
- Kor: Savor the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long. The taste turns bitter after a time. (Season 7 episode Once More Unto the Breach)
- Kurn: I am ready to cross the River of Blood and and enter Sto-Vo-Kor. (Season 4 episode Sons of Mogh)
- Leeta & Quark
- Leeta: I have brains.
Quark: Sure you do, honey, THat's why I hired you. Now, eat up, and then take those brains back to the dab wheel where the customers can get a good, long look at them.
(Season 5 episode Dr. Bashir, I Presume)
- Lwaxana Troi
- Lwaxana Troi: Didn't they teach you any manners at Starfleet Academy? (Season 3 episode Fascination)
- Lwaxana Troi & Odo
- Lwaxana Troi: Is Odo your first or last name?
(Season 1 episode The Forsaken)
- Martok: Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog. (Season 6 episode Sons and Daughters)
- Martok (referring to Worf): An ambassador who will go targ hunting with me! (Season 7 episode What You Leave Behind)
- Martok: My friends, songs will be sung about this day. (Season 7 episode What You Leave Behind)
- Martok: The sabre bear is most deadly when trapped with no hope of escape. (Season 5 episode Blaze of Glory)
- Martok: War is much more fun when you're winning. (Season 6 episode Sons and Daughters)
- Martok: We will drink bloodwine in the halls of Cardassia's Central Command. (Season 6 episode Tears of the Prophets)
- Martok: Say something old man, or have you lost your tongue as well as your mind? (Season 7 episode Once More Unto the Breach)
- Michael Eddington
- Michael Eddington: You're even worse than the Borg. At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. You're more insidious. You assimilate people, and they don't even know it. (Season 4 episode For the Cause)
- Michael Eddington: I don't intend to fight you, Captain. I intend to kill you. (Season 5 episode Blaze of Glory)
- Miles O'Brien
- Miles O'Brien: What can I say? I'm just an incurable romantic. (Season 5 episode Ferengi Love Songs)
- Miles O'Brien: Someone has to teach you officers the difference between a warp matrix flux capacitor and a self-sealing stem bolt. (Season 7 episode What You Leave Behind)
- Miles O'Brien: I'm an engineer, not a philosopher. (Season 7 episode It's Only a Paper Moon)
- Miles O'Brien: I can't believe it - I tore my pants! (Season 6 episode Rocks and Shoals)
- Miles O'Brien & Benjamin Sisko
- Miles O'Brien: Incoming message from the Cortez - they're still having trouble stablilzing the guidance thrusters on the port nacelles.
Benjamin Sisko: Tell them to drop back and make repairs. Bring up the Sarek to take its place.
(Season 6 episode Favor the Bold)
- Miles O'Brien & Jadzia Dax
- Miles O'Brien: The Defiant's warp engines are too powerful. They ionize the nebular gasses in the Badlands.
Jadzia Dax: It's like a Ligorian mastodon moving through the forest. You may not be able to see it, but it definitely makes the leaves rustle.
(Season 5 episode Blaze of Glory)
- Miles O'Brien & Julian Bashir
- Miles O'Brien: You're a gentleman and a scholar
Julian Bashir (changeling): Truer words were never spoken.
(Season 5 episode In Purgatory's Shadow)
Mullibok: You walk like a carnivorous rastipod. (Season 1 episode Progress)
- Natima: I love you, Quark. I've always loved you, even when I hated you. (Season 2 episode Profit and Loss)
- Nog: The Continuum is real. You see, there are millions upon millions of worlds in the universe, each one filled with too much of one thing and not enough of another. And the Great Continuum flows through them all, like a mighty river, from "have" to "want" and back again. And if we navigate the Continuum with skill and grace, our ship will be filled with everything our hearts desire. (Season 7 episode Treachery, Faith and the Great River)
- Nog: You have to have faith in the Great Material Continuum. (Season 7 episode Treachery, Faith and the Great River)
- Nog: I may be a cadet, but I'm still a Ferengi. (Season 6 episode Behind the Lines)
- Nog: I think I've died and gone to the Divine Treasury. (Season 5 episode The Ascent)
- Nog: Money is money, but women are better. (Season 3 episode Life Support)
- Nog: The river will provide. (Season 7 episode Treachery, Faith and the Great River)
- Odo: You want to watch a Karo-Net tournament, she wants to listen to music. So you compromise. You listen to music. You like Earth jazz, she prefers Klingon opera, so you compromise. You listen to Klingon opera. So here you were ready to have a nice evening watching the Karo-Net match and you wind up spending an agonizing night listening to Klingon opera... (Season 1 episode A Man Alone)
- Odo: Never play spring ball against a changeling. (Season 7 episode Treachery, Faith and the Great River)
- Odo: In times of trouble, some people find comfort in hate and fear. (Season 7 Image in the Sand)
- Chief asks Quark to come up with a decaffeinated Raktajino for pregnant Kira. Odo: So much for Quark-tajino. (Season 5 episode ...Nor the Battle to the Strong)
- Odo: I don't ever want to leave this room. Can we stay here forever? (Season 5 episode A Simple Investigation)
- Odo: You're out of here! No player shall at any time make contact with the umpire in any manner. The prescribed penalty for the violation is immediate ejection from the game. Rule number 4.06, subsection A paragraph 4 - look it up, but do it in the stands. You're gone. (Season 7 episode Take Me Out to the Holo-Suite)
- Odo: Excuse me, I need to regenerate. (Season 5 episode Children of Time)
- Odo: If I don't want pity from the woman I love, why would I want it from you? (Season 7 episode Tacking into the Wind)
- Odo: I'll never understand the humanoid need to couple.
- Odo & Quark
- Odo: There's nothing heroic about earning profit.
Quark: There is on Ferenginar.
Odo: We're not on Ferenginar.
(Season 6 episode The Magnificent Ferengi)
- Odo & Weyoun
- Odo: Aren't you being a little paranoid?
Weyoun: Of course I'm paranoid. Everyone's trying to kill me.
(Season 7 episode Treachery, Faith and the Great River)
- Prophet (in the form of Jake)
- Prophet (in the form of Jake): What comes before now is no different than what is now, or what is to come. It is one's existence. (Season 1 episode Emissary)
- Q: Quite a motley crew you've assembled here Benjy. (Season 1 episode Q-Less)
- Quark: Don't call me barkeep. I'm not a barkeep. I'm your host. The proprietor. A sympathetic ear to the wretched souls that pass through these portals. (Season 1 episode Captive Pursuit)
- Quark: Then the Andorian says, "That's not my antenna." (Season 4 episode Homefront)
- Quark: What's the point of being in business if you can't corner the market and gouge your customers? (Season 7 episode The Dogs of War)
- Quark: Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother! (Season 2 episode The Siege)
- Quark: What's love without danger? (Season 5 episode The Ship)
- Quark: You know, Morn, there's nothing more invigorating than breakfast in a bar. Where else can you get raw slug liver first thing in the morning? (Season 5 episode The Assignment)
- Quark: Break out the kanar, and find me some yamok sauce. (Season 6 episode Call to Arms)
- Quark: Respect is good. But latinum's better. (Season 3 episode The House of Quark)
- Quark: Well, I guess that's enough talking. Now back to the fighting. (Season 5 episode Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places)
- Quark: Exercise makes me sweat. (Season 5 episode Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places)
- Quark: I'd love to melt that cold Vulcan heart of yours. (Season 2 episode The Maquis, Part 1)
- Quark: And when I arrive at the gates of the Divine Treasury, the registrar will accept my bribe and usher me inside and do you know why? Because I died exactly the way I lived - as a Ferengi! (Season 4 episode The Quickening)
- Quark & Odo
- Quark: You mean I'm stuck here with you?
Odo: No, I'm stuck here with you. Believe me, a far worse fate.
(Season 3 episode Civil Defense)
- Quark & Rom
- Quark: It looks like your stupidity has saved you again.
Rom: It comes in handy sometimes.
(Season 6 episode Profit and Lace)
- Rionoj & Quark
- Rionoj: How are your lobes?
Quark: Tingling at the sight of you.
(Season 2 episode The Homecoming)
- Rom: If that's what's written, then that's what's written. (Season 6 episode Favor the Bold)
- Senator Vreenak
- Senator Vreenak: It's a fake! (Season 6 episode In the Pale Moonlight)
- Sirella & Jadzia Dax
- Sirella: It is time for the Bre'Nan ritual.
Jadzia Dax: I'm busy.
Sirella: Busy acting like a Risian slut.
(Season 6 episode You Are Cordially Invited)
- Sisko: Paradise has never seemed so well armed. (Season 4 episode Paradise Lost)
- Thomas Riker
- Thomas Riker: You shouldn't go fishing today. You won't catch anything. (Season 3 episode Defiant)
- Thomas Riker & Kira Nerys
- Thomas Riker: I guess we're different kinds of terrorists.
Kira Nerys: No, you want to be a hero. Terrorists don't get to be heroes.
(Season 3 episode Defiant)
- Tosk: I'm sorry, I have no vices for you to exploit. (Season 1 episode Captive Pursuit)
- Weyoun: Just remember, too much imagination can be dangerous. (Season 7 Image in the Sand)
- Weyoun (from forged holographic record): With the Cardassian 4th Order protecting their flank, the 23rd Jem'Hadar division will begin its thrust across the Glintara Sector. They should begin the invasion of Romulus on the following day. Once we've taken the homeworld, organized resistance will crumble when outlying systems and colonies begin looking out for themselves. Consolidation of the entire Empire will take three months at most. (Season 6 episode In the Pale Moonlight)
- Weyoun: From Atbar Prime to Regulak IV, from Simperia to Quinor VII, our forces eliminate a total of 18 rebel bases. With the rebellion crushed, nothing can impede our March to final victory. Truly, this is a great day for the Dominion. (Season 7 episode The Dogs of War)
- Worf: There is no honor in self-pity. (Season 7 episode Strange Bedfellows)
- Worf: You fight well... for a tailor. (Season 4 episode Broken Link)
- Worf: Today is a good day to die. (Season 5 episode By Inferno's Light)
- Worf (heckling the Logicians batter): Death to the opposition! (Season 7 episode Take Me Out to the Holo-Suite)
- Worf: That is a joke. I get it. It's not funny. But I get it. (Season 6 episode Change of Heart)
- Worf: So you're not here to wish me a glorious death in battle? (Season 5 episode In Purgatory's Shadow)
- Worf: This is an endurance test as much as it is a celebration. It's part of the initiation rite for the Order of the Bat'leth. The idea is to eat, drink, stay awake all night an still be clear-eyed when Gowron arrives fir the ceremony. (Season 5 episode Apocalypse Rising)
- Worf: You rule without wisdom and without honor. (Season 7 episode Tacking into the Wind)
- Worf: I will apologize for this at a later time... You are in my seat! Bartender! Bloodwine! ...What is that smell? Is there a pile of rotting forshak in here? Or is it you? Stand when I talk to you! Or do you think it is funny? (Season 5 episode Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places)
- Worf: Death to the opposition!
- Worf: I am not interested in excuses. Are you a Klingon warrior or an Alverian dung beetle? (Season 5 episode Apocalypse Rising)
- Worf & Jadzia Dax
- Worf: Are those real var'Hama candles?
Jadzia Dax: Yes, Worf, I traveled to Kronos. I captured three tags in the Hamar mountains, made the ritual sacrifice at dawn, came back to the station, asked Quark to boil their shoulders into tallow. Then I spent two days modeling them into candles with my own hands.
Worf: I was just asking.
Jadzia Dax: You were criticizing. Again.
|The Fiction Empire / FictionEmpire.com Concept & Design by MADASIAM Productions © 1999. All Rights Reserved.|