- Ben Linus
- Ben Linus: Dead is dead. You don't get to come back from that. Not even here. (Season 5 episode Dead is Dead)
- Ben Linus: Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch. (Season 4 episode Cabin Fever)
- Ben Linus: Don't tell me what I can't do, John. (Season 3 episode The Brig)
- Bernard Nadler
- Bernard Nadler: I am a dentist. I am not Rambo. (Season 3 episode Through the Looking Glass)
- Boone Carlyle & John Locke
- Boone Carlyle: Red shirt... You ever watch Star Trek?
John Locke: No, not really.
Boone Carlyle: The crew guys that would go down to the planet with the main guys, the captain and the guy with the pointy ears... they always wore red shirts, and they always got killed.
John Locke: Yeah?
Boone Carlyle: Yeah... so, what do you think?
John Locke: Sounds like a piss poor captain.
(Season 1 episode All the Best Cowboys have Daddy Issues)
- Boone Carlyle & Shannon Rutherford
- Boone Carlyle: I think somebody should talk to her.
Shannon Rutherford: I nominate you, Captain America.
(Season 1 episode Walkabout)
- Charles Widmore
- Charles Widmore: This is a 60-year MacCutcheon, named after Anderson MacCutcheon, esteemed Admiral from the Royal Navy. He retired with more medals than any man before or since. Moved to the Highlands to see out his remaining years. Admiral MacCutcheon was a great man, Hume. This was his crowning achievement. This swallow is worth more than you could make in a month. To share it with you would be a waste, and a disgrace to the great man who made it. Because you, Hume, will never be a great man. (Season 3 episode Flashes Before Your Eyes)
- Charlie Pace
- Charlie Pace: You don't get to tell me what I can't do. (Season 3 episode Further Instructions)
- Charlie Pace: I was shot by a fat man. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Charlie Pace & Hugo Reyes
- Charlie Pace: You're insane, mate. Superman can fly around the entire planet in the blink of an eye.
Hurley: Dude, if we're going by a pure foot race, Supes would get dusted by the Flash.
Charlie Pace: Well, why would the Man of Steel agree to a sodding foot race?
Hurley: For charity. And Flash would totally win, because he can like, vibrate through walls and stuff.
Charlie Pace: ooh, vibration! Whatever would Superman do if he came up against a wall?
Hurley: Well, no smashing allowed.
Charlie Pace: No flying, no smashing Any other restrictions I need to know about? Perhaps we should fit Superman with a pair of kryptonite… What the hell?
(Season 3 episode Catch 22)
- Daniel Faraday
- Daniel Faraday: It doesn't matter what we do. Whatever happened, happened. (Season 5 episode LaFleur)
- Desmond Hume
- Desmond Hume: This doesn't matter, you know. Him destroying the island, you destroying him It doesn't matter. I mean, you're gonna lower me into that light, and I'm gonna go somewhere else, a place where we can be with the ones that we love, and not have to ever think about this damn island again. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Eloise Hawking
- Eloise Hawking: What happened, happened. (Season 6 episode Happily Ever After)
- Frank Lapidus
- Frank Lapidus: Wait a minute - we're not going to Guam, are we? (Season 5 episode 316)
- Frank Lapidus: In my experience, the people that go out of their way to tell you they're the good guys, are the bad guys. (Season 5 episode The Incident)
- Hurley: That was Luke's attitude, too. In Empire, Luke found out Vader was his father, but instead of putting away his lightsaber and talking about it, he overreacted and got his hand cut off. I mean, they worked it out eventually, but what cost? Another death star was destroyed, Boba Fett got eaten by the Sarlacc, and we got the Ewoks. It all could've been avoided if they'd just, you know, communicated. And let's face it. The Ewoks sucked, dude. (Season 5 episode Some Like It Hoth)
- Hurley: I think you're a good guy, Sayid. I know a lot of people have told you that you're not. Maybe you've heard it so many times you started believing it. But you can't let other people tell you what you are, dude. You have to decide that for yourself. (Season 6 episode The End)
- I'm writing The Empire Strikes Back. It's 1977, right? So Stars Wars just came out. And pretty soon, George Lucas is gonna be looking for a sequel. I've seen Empire, like, 200 times, so I figured I'd make life easier and send him the script with a couple improvements. (Season 5 episode Some Like It Hoth)
- Hurley's The Empire Strikes Back screenplay: Exterior Hoth. A little spy robot thingy zips through the atmosphere and crashes into the snowy planet below. That's when Chewbacca shows up and blasts it away with his crossbow laser. He shakes his furry fist in the sky in triumph. Chewbacca: rawr.
- Hurley: I believe in you, dude. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Hurley: That's kinda true, dude. He's worse than Yoda. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Hurley: Dudes! Wait! I heard what you're doing. I wanna come with. Everyone, they're all goin' to the radio tower, and I'm sick of trekking, and, you know, explosions. I think I can help you guys out. I'm a really good paddler. (Season 3 episode Greatest Hits)
- Hurley: You're not gonna turn into The Hulk or something? (Season 3 episode Further Instructions)
- Hurley: Back to the future, man. We came back in time to the island and changed stuff. So if little Ben dies, he'll never grow up to be big Ben, who's the one who made us come back here in the first place. Which means we can't be here. And therefore, dude, we don't exist. (Season 5 episode Whatever Happened, Happened)
- Hurley: We did crash, but it was on this crazy island. And we waited for rescue, and there wasn't any rescue. And there was a smoke monster, and then there were other people on the island. We called them the others, and they started attacking us. And we found some hatches, and there was a button you had to push every 108 minutes or Well, i was never really clear on that. But The others didn't have anything to do with the hatches. That was the Dharma Initiative. But they were all dead. The others killed them, and now they're trying to kill us. And then we teamed up with the others because some worse people were coming on a freighter. Desmond's girlfriend's father sent them to kill us. (Season 5 episode The Lie)
- Hurley: That was awesome. That was like a… Jedi moment. (Season 1 episode Confidence Man)
- Hurley: I have a bad feeling about this. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Hurley & Charlie
- Hurley: Did either of you see a guy run through here? In a bathrobe? With a coconut?
Charlie: No. I saw a polar bear on rollerblades with a mango.
(Season 2 episode Dave)
- Hurley & Dave
- Hurley: Brooks showed me a picture from the rec room and my arm was around nothingness.
Dave: Uh, Kinko's? Photoshop? Think they really blew up the Death Star? No. Then stop talking crazy, man.
(Season 2 episode Dave)
- Hurley & Miles
- Hurley: How do you spell bounty hunter?
Miles: What are you doing, writing your memoirs?
Hurley: It's personal.
(Season 5 episode Some Like It Hoth)
- Hurley & Richard Alpert
- Hurley: So, you're not time traveling?
Richard Alpert: No.
Hurley: But you look the same as you did 30 years ago. How is that possible?
Richard Alpert: It's not easy to explain.
Hurley: Is this like a Terminator thing? You a cyborg?
Richard Alpert: No, I'm not a cyborg.
Richard Alpert: Jacob gave me a gift.
(Season 6 episode Dr. Linus)
- Hurley & Sawyer
- Hurley: What about Sayid?
Sawyer:Sayid ain't invited. He's gone over to the dark side.
Hurley: But you can always bring people back from the dark side. I mean, Anakin.
Sawyer: Who the hell's Anakin?
(Season 6 episode The Last Recruit)
- Hurley: Who do you think you are?
Sawyer: Get off! Let go of me!
Hurley: Lambchop! Pork Pie! Babar! Jabba! Stay-Puft! Lardo! Kong! Deep Dish!
Sawyer: Let go of me! Get him off me! Get off me! You out of your mind? What the hell's the matter with you? Get off me! What the hell's the matter with you? You're crazy!
Hurley: I'm not crazy… I'm not crazy.
(Season 2 episode Dave)
- Jack Shephard & Sawyer
- Jack Shephard: What are you doing?
Sawyer: Trick-or-treat, same as you.
Jack Shephard: You're looting.
Sawyer: You say potato.
Jack Shephard: What's in the bag?
Sawyer: Booze, smokes, a couple Playboys. What's in yours?
Jack Shephard: Medicine.
Sawyer: Well, just about sums it up, don't it?
(Season 1 episode Tabula Rasa)
- Jack Shepherd
- Jack Shepherd: Don't tell me what I can't do! (Season 1 episode Do No Harm)
- Jack Shepherd: Hurley, I believe in you. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Jack Shepherd: If we can't live together, we're going to die alone. (Season 1 episode White Rabbit)
- Jack Shepherd: You're not John Locke. You disrespect his memory by wearing his face, but you're nothing like him. Turns out he was right about most everything. I just wish I could've told him that while he was still alive. (Season 6 episode The End)
- John Locke
- John Locke: Don't tell me what I can't do. (Season 1 episode Walkabout)
- John Locke: Who are we to tell anyone what they can or can't do? (Season 2 episode The Hunting Party)
- John Locke: Hello Ben. Welcome back to the land of the living. (Season 5 episode Dead is Dead)
- John Locke: Why doctor, you've been holding out on us. (Season 1 episode Homecoming)
- John Locke & Ben Linus
- John Locke: Man from Tallahassee? What is that? Some kind of code?
Ben Linus: No, John, unfortunately we don't have a code for "There is a man in my closet with a gun to my daughter's head", although we obviously should.
(Season 3 episode The Man from Tallahassee)
- Kincaid: John, you fell eight stories and survived, okay? I don't want to hear about what you can't do. (Season 3 episode The Man From Tallahassee)
- The Man In Black
- The Man in Black: I'm three people shy of getting off this island, and Kate can help me get these people on that plane. But once she does, then whatever happens, happens. (Season 6 episode The Package)
- Miles Straume
- Miles Straume: I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Mr. Eko
- Mr. Eko: Do not tell me what I can do. (Season 2 episode Live Together, Die Alone)
- Nikki Fernandez
- Nikki Fernandez: Razzle-frickin'-dazzle. (Season 3 episode Exposé)
- Nikki Fernandez (as Corvette): Razzle dazzle! Hyah! (Season 3 episode Exposé)
- Randy: Locke! I told you I need those TPS reports done by noon today. Not 12:30, not 12:1 5. Noon. (Season 1 episode Walkabout)
- Sawyer: What can I do you for, deep dish? (Season 2 episode Dave)
- Sawyer: In case you haven't noticed, it's every man for himself, Chewie. (Season 2 episode ...And Found)
- Sawyer: That's a hell of a long con, Doc. (Season 6 episode The End)
- Sawyer: What are you gonna do, beam us up? (Season 2 episode Everybody Hates Hugo)
- Sawyer: You're wasting your time, Yoda.
- Sawyer: I'll tell you what's happening - Locke was right. This island's going down! (Season 6 episode The End)
- Sayid Jarrah
- Sayid Jarrah: If we tell them what we know, we take away their hope, and hope is a very dangerous thing to lose. (Season 1 episode Tabula Rasa)
- Sayid Jarrah: This afternoon you said you were our leader. It's time for you to act like one. (Season 3 episode Greatest Hits)