| 1960 Film|
Real dates. Fictional events.
Fictional business and products... and more
- Bank of Phoenix
- Marion's bank - seen on her bank statement in her hotel room.
- Car Dealerships
- California Charlie's Used Cars
- Marion trades in her old car for a new one using the money she stole. The car dealership was actually Harry Maher's used car lot near Universal Studios.
- Hardware Stores
- Sam Loomis Hardware
- Marion's boyfriend Sam's hardware store in Fairvale.
- Bates Motel
- Motel owned and operated by Norman Bates, a deeply disturbed young man who became so haunted by the spirit of his deceased mother that he created a split personality of her that occasionally kills people.
- The Bates house was based on Edward Hopper's 1925 oil painting "House by the Railroad".
- Music Stores
- Music Makers
- Music store where Marion's sister Lila works.
- Private Detective Services
- Milton Arbogast
- Private investigator that Marion's sister Lila hires.
- Realty Services
- Lowery's Real Estate Office
- Real estate office where Marion works in Phoenix, and steals $40,000.
- Religious Organizations
- Fairvale Church
- Church in Fairvale, same town as Sam's hardware store.
- Tobacco Products
- Morley Cigarettes
- Dr. Fred Richman smokes Morley Cigarettes.
- TV Stations
- What time is it when the movie begins?
- What does Marion Crane have to say about headaches?
- What's the date when the movie begins?
- Mr. Lowry returns late from lunch because he's meeting with the man who's buying which property?
- In what Arizona city does Psycho begin?
- What day is it when the movie begins?
|The Fiction Empire / FictionEmpire.com Concept & Design by MADASIAM Productions © 1999. All Rights Reserved.|