| L.A. CONFIDENTIAL (39) 1997 Film|
- Bars and Night Clubs
- January 16, 1953
- Tony Brancato and Anthony Trombino get gunned down on January 16, 1953.
- January 21, 1953
- Deuce Perkins is gunned down in his Brentwood home on January 21, 1953.
- January 26, 1953
- Shoot-out between the Nite Owl killers and the police.
- Dating, Escort and Sex Services
- Features hookers that are cut to look like movie stars
- Liquor Stores
- Nick's Liquor
- Where Russel Crowe first sees Kim Basinger.
- Hush Hush Magazine
- Danny DeVito's Magazine that paid Jack off to make high profile celebrity arrests.
- Bud White
- Bud White: What do I get if I give you your balls back, you wop cocksucker?
- Bud White & Ed Exley
- Bud White: The Night Owl case made you. Do you want to tear all that down?
Ed Exley: With a wrecking ball. You want to help me swing it?
- Bud White & Lynn Bracken
- Bud White: I'd like to see you again.
Lynn Bracken: Are you asking me for a date or an appointment?
Bud White: I don't know.
Lynn Bracken: Well if you're asking me for a date, I should know your first name.
Bud White: Forget I asked. It was a mistake.
- Captain Dudley Smith
- Captain Dudley Smith: I doubt you've ever taken a stupid breath. Don't start now.
- Dick Stensland
- Dick Stensland: My partner stopped to help a damsel in distress. He's got his priorities all screwed up.
- Dick Stensland & Bud White
- Dick Stensland: I got a hot date.
Bud White: Yeah? Who is she and what did you arrest her for?
- Dudley Smith
- Dudley Smith: Our justice must be swift and merciless.
- Dudley Smith: Go back to Jersey, Sonny. This is the City of the Angels and you haven't got any wings.
- Dudley Smith: Hold up your badge, so they'll know you're a policeman.
- Dudley Smith: I admire you as a policeman, particularly your adherence to violence as a necessary adjunct to the job.
- Dudley Smith: I wouldn't trade places with Edmund Exley right now for all the whisky in Ireland.
- Dudley Smith: I'd like full and docile co-operation on every topic.
- Dudley Smith & Bud White
- Dudley Smith: You'll do as I say, and ask no questions. Do you follow my drift?
Bud White: In technicolor, sir.
- Ed Exley
- Ed Exley: I'm talking about the gas chamber, and you haven't even asked me what this is about. You've got a big 'Guilty' sign around your neck.
- Ed Exley & Ray Collins
- Ed Exley: I heard you like to shoot dogs.
Ray Collins: Dogs got no reason to live.
- Jack Vincennes
- Jack Vincennes: Oh, great. You get the girl, I get the coroner.
- Jack Vincennes: Oh, lookee here, the great jerk off case of 1953.
- Jack Vincennes & Dudley Smith
- Jack Vincennes: Are you sure Golden Boy is up to the task, Cap?
Dudley Smith: Oh, I think you'd be surprised what the lad is capable of.
- Jack Vincennes & Girl
- Jack Vincennes: I'm the technical advisor. I teach Brett Chase how to walk and talk like a cop.
Girl: Brett Chase doesn't walk and talk like you.
Jack Vincennes: Well, that's 'cause he's the television version. America isn't ready for the real me.
- Lynn Bracken
- Lynn Bracken: I see Bud because I want to. I see Bud because he can't hide the good inside of him. I see Bud because he treats me like Lynn Bracken and not some Veronica Lake look-alike who fucks for money.
- Lynn Bracken & Bud White
- Lynn Bracken: You say fuck a lot.
Bud White: You fuck for money.
- Lynn Bracken: There's blood on your shirt. Is that an integral part of your job?
Bud White: Yeah.
Lynn Bracken: Do you enjoy it?
Bud White: When they deserve it.
Lynn Bracken: Did they deserve it today?
Bud White: I'm not sure.
Lynn Bracken: But you did it anyway.
Bud White: Yeah, just like the half dozen guys you screwed today.
Lynn Bracken: Well, actually, it was only two.
- Lynn Bracken: You're the first man in five years who didn't tell me I look like Veronica Lake inside of a minute.
Bud White: You look better than Veronica Lake.
- Sid Hudgens
- Sid Hudgeons: Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.
- Sid Hudgens & Jack Vincennes
- Sid Hudgens: It's Christmas Eve in the City of Angels and while decent citizens sleep the sleep of the righteous, hopheads prowl for marijuana not knowing that a man is coming to stop them! Celebrity crimestopper Jack Vincennes, scourge of grasshoppers and dopefieds everywhere! Ya like it, Jackie-Boy?
Jack Vincennes: Yeah. Subtle.
- TV Shows
- Badge of Honor
- The TV Show Jack (Kevin Spacey) advised.