- November 25, 1975
- Rocky Balboa boxes at the gym.
- November 26, 1975
- Rocky Balboa collects a loan for Anthony Gazzo.
- November 27, 1975
- Rocky and Adrian go ice-skating on their first date.
- January 4, 1976
- Rocky Balboa fights Apollo Creed.
- Adrian & Rocky
- Adrian: Is this you?
Rocky Balboa: Yeah, that's me when I was eight years old, that's the Italian Stallion when he was a baby.
- Adrian: Why do you wanna fight?
Rocky Balboa: Because I can't sing or dance.
- Apollo Creed
- Apollo Creed: He broke. He broke all my ribs.
- Apollo Creed: Sports make you grunt and smell. Stay in school, use your brains. Be a thinker, not a stinker.
- Apollo: You're not going to stop nothing, man! You're not gonna stop nothing!
- Apollo Creed & Rocky
- Apollo Creed: Ain't gonna be no rematch.
Rocky: Don't want one.
- Apollo's Trainer
- Apollo's Trainer: He doesn't know that this is a damn show! He thinks this is a damn fight! Finish that bum and let's go home!
- Mickey: Women weaken legs!
- Mickey: You're bleeding inside, champ! We're gonna have to stop this fight!
- Mickey: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!
- Mickey & Rocky
- Mickey: Your nose is broken.
Rocky: How does it look?
Mickey: Ah, it's an improvement.
- Rocky: I can't beat him. But that don't bother me. The only thing I want to do is to go the distance, that's all. Because if that bell rings and I'm still standing, then I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I wasn't just another bum from the neighborhood.
- Rocky: Well, you see, sir I understand you're lookin' for sparrin' partners for Apollo, and I jus' want ta let ya know that I am very available.
- Rocky: Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.
- Rocky & Adrian
- Rocky: I can't do it.
Rocky: I can't beat him.
Rocky: Yeah. I been out there walkin' around, thinkin'. I mean, who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league.
Adrian: What are we gonna do?
Rocky: I don't know.
Adrian: You worked so hard.
Rocky: Yeah, that don't matter. 'Cause I was nobody before.
Adrian: Don't say that.
- Rocky: Adrian!