| BRAZIL (64) 1985 Film|
- Apartment and Condos
- Churches, Religions and Religious Organizations
- Chapel Of Our Lady Of The Checkout Counter
- Cities and Towns
- Government Entities and Agencies/Bureaus/Councils
- Central Services
- government run corporation.
- Methods, Procedures and Techniques
- 27B Stroke 6
- A form that must be filled out before any Central Service technician can do work on ducts.
- Plastic Surgery
- Arresting Officer
- Arresting Officer: This is your receipt for your husband, and this is my receipt for your receipt.
- Bill: Mistakes? We don't make mistakes.
- Charlie: Bloody typical, they've gone back to metric without telling us.
- Dr. Lewis Jaffe
- Dr. Lewis Jaffe: Faces are a doddle compared to tits and ass. No hairline.
- Dr. Lewis Jaffe: Just me and my little knife! Snip snip, slice slice. Can you believe it?
- Guard: Don't fight it son. Confess quickly! If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating.
- Harry Tuttle
- Harry Tuttle: Listen, kid, we're all in it together.
- Harry Tuttle: Listen, this old system of yours could be on fire and I couldn't even turn on the kitchen tap without filling out a 27b/6. Bloody paperwork.
- Harry Tuttle: Well, that's a pipe of a different color.
- Harry Tuttle: My good friends call me Harry.
- Harry Tuttle & Sam Lowry
- Harry Tuttle: Bloody paperwork. Huh!
Sam Lowry: I suppose one has to expect a certain amount.
Harry Tuttle: Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.
- Jack Lint
- Jack Lint: Information Transit got the wrong man. I got the right man. The wrong one was delivered to me as the right man, I accepted him on good faith as the right man. Was I wrong?
- Jack Lint: It's not my fault that Buttle's heart condition didn't appear on Tuttle's file!
- Jill Layton
- Jill Layton: Care for a little necrophilia? Hmm?
- Kurtzmann: It's been confusion from the word go!
- Lime: Computers are my forte!
- Mr. Helpmann
- Mr. Helpmann: All I can say is don't fall at the last fence. The finishing post's in sight. See you in the paddock.keep your eye on the ball.
- Mr. Helpmann: Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow win. If these people would just play the game.
- Mr. Helpmann: We're fielding all their strokes, running a lot of them out, and pretty consistently knocking them for six. I'd say they're nearly out of the game.
- Mr. Warrenn
- Mr. Warrenn: What is this mess? An empty desk is an efficient desk.
- Mr. Warrenn: There you are, your own office with your very own door.
- Mrs. Buttle
- Mrs. Buttle: What have you done with his body?
- Sam Lowry
- Sam Lowry: Mr. Helpmann, I'm keen to get into Information Retrieval.
- Sam Lowry: I assure you, Mrs. Buttle, the Ministry is very scrupulous about following up and eradicating any error. If you have any complaints which you'd like to make, I'd be more than happy to send you the appropriate forms.
- Sam Lowry: Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler for paperwork. Where would we be if we didn't follow the correct procedures?
- Sam Lowry: Yes. No. I don't know. I don't know what I want.
- Sam Lowry & Dawson
- Sam Lowry: Excuse me, Dawson, can you put me through to Mr. Helpmann's office?
Dawson: I'm afraid I can't sir. You have to go through the proper channels.
Sam Lowry: And you can't tell me what the proper channels are, because that's classified information?
Dawson: I'm glad to see the Ministry's continuing its tradition of recruiting the brightest and best, sir.
Sam Lowry: Thank you, Dawson.
- Sam Lowry & Jack Lint
- Sam Lowry: How are the twins?
Jack Lint: Triplets.
Sam Lowry: My, how time flies!
- Sam Lowry & Jill Layton
- Sam Lowry: Are you alright?
Jill Layton: Yeah.
Sam Lowry: Well, you don't deserve to be!
- Sam Lowry & Porter
- Sam Lowry: My name's Lowry. Sam Lowry. I've been told to report to Mr. Warrenn.
Porter: Thirtieth floor, sir. You're expected.
Sam Lowry: Um.don't you want to search me?
Porter: No sir.
Sam Lowry: Do you want to see my ID?
Porter: No need, sir.
Sam Lowry: But I could be anybody.
Porter: No you couldn't, sir. This is Information Retrieval.
- Shirley: Salt? Pepper? Oh, it's. it's all right. I don't like you either.
- Spoor: All you've got to do is blow your nose and it's fixed, in't it?
- Spoor: Where'd you get this from, eh? Out yer nostril?