| ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD (8) 1990 Film|
- Guildenstern: Death is 'not.' Death isn't. Take my meaning? Death is the ultimate negative. Not-being. You can't not be on a boat.
- Guildenstern: Whatever became of the moment when one first knew about death? There must have been one. A moment. In childhood. When it first occurred to you that you don't go on forever. It must have been shattering, stamped into one's memory. And yet, I can't remember it.
- The Player
- The Player: We're actors! We're the opposite of people!
- Rosencrantz: All your life you live so close to truth it becomes a permanent blur in the corner of your eye. And when something nudges it into outline, it's like being ambushed by a grotesque.
- Rosencrantz: I think I have it. A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself.
- Rosencrantz: No, you don't take my meaning. What's the first thing you remember after all the things you've forgotten?
- Rosencrantz: If this is our destiny, then that was his, and if there are no explanations for us, let there be none for him.
- Theater Productions
- The Rape Of The Sabine Women
- The Player offered to perform this act for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern... or was it for Guildenstern and Rosencrantz, I can't recall.